University of Tennessee
Location: Knoxville, TN
Students: 27,523, (21,803 undergrad)
2012 record: 3-4 overall, 0-4 SEC
Overall Vs. USC: UT leads the series 22-6-2, USC has won the last 2
Head Coach: Derek Dooley, in his 3rd season with a record of 14-18
Read below to find out what will happen on Saturday.
It has been a long two weeks for the Gamecocks with back to back loses to LSU and Florida. Tennesse is no LSU or Florida, and playing at home is always a good thing. Let's just hope that the noon kickoff doesn't play a major factor in how the Gamecock's come out and perform.
3 Things you need to know about Tennessee's offense:
- Tyler Bray and the Vols offense can move the football. On the season, the Vols are averaging 453 yards per game, and scoring 34 points per game. Bray is a good QB, and will air it out. On the season Bray is completing 59 percent of his passes for 1,914 yards and 16 touchdowns.
- Tennessee might have the best combo of WR's in the SEC. Justin Hunter and Cordarrelle Patterson have combined for 63 receptions, 907 yards and 7 touchdowns. Hunter is currently 4th in the SEC, averaging 81 receiving yards per game.
- Tennessee's O-Line has done a great job protecting Tyler Bray. UT has only given up 3 sacks all season, that is tops in the SEC, and 2nd nationally.
What Tennessee doesn't want you to know about there offense. Tyler Bray has beenawful in SEC play this season. Of his 16 touchdowns this season, only 6 are in SEC play, and he thrown 8 interceptions in those same 4 games.
3 Things you need to know about Tennessee's defense:
- The Vols will give up a lot of yards. In fact, they give up the most yards per game in the SEC, 445 yards to be exact.
- AJ Johnson is a beast, and is not only the SEC's leading tackler but he will also line up in the wildcat formation on offense. Johnson has 73 tackles on the season.
- Tennessee doesn't give up sacks,and they don't get many sacks. Tennessee's defense has only gotten to the opposing teams QB 10 this season, a SEC worst.
Other notes on Tennessee's defense: Tennessee's defense is giving up 33 points per game, 186 rushing yards, and 258 passing yards per game.
How Special is Special: Cordarrelle Patterson is avering 34.8 yards per kick off. That is the best in the SEC.
Prediction: USC will play better than last weekend, they better or else I don't know what Spurrier will do. Shaw will be back at QB, and Lattimore will get the majority of the carries. What else do you need as a Gamecock fan? The defense will once again show the nation how good they really are, and make Tennessee fight for every yard. At the end of the day, USC will continue it's home winning streak, moving it to 9 straight games.
USC 28 Tennessee 17