The Capital One Bowl is set for Jan. 1, 2014 with a 1 p.m. ET kickoff that will showcase a great match-up with Wisconsin (9-3) vs. South Carolina (10-2). With this being a South Carolina blog, we thought it would be good to begin to understand who the Badgers are so look for several upcoming posts from us on "all things Wisconsin."
For this post, what are the strengths and weaknesses of the Badgers Football team? Well, here goes:
- On Offense, it bolis down to their running game and overall run-blocking. Wisconsin is No. 2 in the Big Ten in rushing (283.0 ypg) and boasts 1,000-yard rushers in Melvin Gordon (1,466) and James White (1,337).
- On defense, their success is up-front with a veteran front seven on defense. It is led by Chris Borland. The Wisconsin linebacker earned Big Ten Defensive Player of the Year honors.
- WR depth and poor QB Play. They can connect and take it to the house but it is not a strong area for UW. The Badgers are No. 7 in the Big Ten in passing offense (203.8 ypg).
- Oline depth. Can they handle USC's defensive line?
- Special teams is nothing special
Now you have a taste for the Badgers football squad.
Early question, who is going to win in your view? We consulted http://sports.
So post your comments on what you think the outcome will be....no comments